Friday, September 24, 2010

Interview with Prince Jakob, proud owner of author Sharon Kay Roberts



Hey, long time no see! Okay, I admit it. It's been a while since I last posted, but what can I say? I've been traveling the world all summer without a laptop. Okay, it's a lie, but a WHITE lie, I swear! I don't like admiting I've been lazy!

But I'm back and this time with a great interview with a horse, Prince Jacob. His Highness shares his estate with author Sharon Kay Roberts...

So, Prince Jacob, what type of books does your human mom write?

Horse books of course. She sometimes thinks she is knowledgeable about horses. She has written one for tweens and one for teens.

Of all your mom’s books, which one is your favorite?

“Honey, A Pony’s Story, http://www.horse-books-pony-stories.com/horse-crazy.html

Why?

Because my friends and I actually wrote it. Mom loves us ponies and even The Dog, who is obnoxious at best. The cats are OK. But she really isn’t as tuned into what goes on in our minds as she likes to think. Often when she is out scratching and grooming us her thoughts are elsewhere. It took all of us working together to reach her. Even then we had to do it when she was sleeping. I think humans are the only species who are not evolved enough to use the morphogenetic fields at will. So we had to slip into hers while “her logic” was turned off.

What’s with your name? Did Sharon choose it?

Yes Mom did name me.

What has that done to your self esteem and what does that say about her?


I am Ok with my name. Prince refers to my heritage as a United Kingdom Shetland Pony, which I am very proud of. We UK Shetlands have shared the life, love and toils of our humans for many years. Mom has a grandson named Jakob so I believe it is also an honor to carry his name. At least I know that is how she meant it.

Have you read any of Sharon’s other books? Are they really as good as she thinks they are?

While we were sharing Honey’s story with Mom she was thinking of her other book “Olympic Gold for Cat and Toby.” She wrote it for teens. Toby is a fictional horse and so isn’t nearly as interesting as our story of Honey. You might need your friends in the CIA to do a cover-up there. I wouldn’t want to hurt Mom’s feeling, but she doesn’t write as good when we aren’t feeding her the story line by line. http://www.coalition-independent-authors.com/teen-horse-fiction.html

What do you do for amusement while Sharon pounds at the computer all day and ignores you?

I am fortunate to live with six other ponies. We have sixteen acres in rural Arkansas, so we have plenty to do. We have a lot of deer who come in a graze with us. They can so easily jump over the fences, so they get to eat the good grass I can’t reach.

What does your mom do besides writing?

She says she is building a CIA website. She says it is Authors Helping Authors. www.coalition-independent-authors.com

Is she a hermit or does she actually set her foot outdoors? My mom has to be dragged outside.

My Mom is a hermit in that she hates to go to town. She is happiest at home. She likes to spend time with us, take The Dog for a daily walk around the property and dig in the dirt. She plants things that aren’t good to eat, but it seems to make her happy, so I am OK with that.

Does Sharon ask your advice when she’s stuck? Yes she does. Does she even listen?

I think she tries to listen, but sometimes her own thoughts are so busy bumping into each other that she can’t hear our thoughts. I wish she could hear us better, I know she would be happier and more at peace if she did.

Thanks, Your Highness!


Hey, readers, Sharon's Corner Bookstore has horse books to entertain, educate, and enlighten you. Be sure to check it out!

www.horse-books-pony-stories.com


No comments:

Post a Comment